Could you run an event to help us here at Yorkshire Cat Rescue?
Fundraising in aid of Yorkshire Cat Rescue is a wonderful way to help as a one-off, or by holding regular events or fundraisers.
The trick is to either find something that you’re good at, so you know you’ll do well at it, or to find something completely new – so that you challenge yourself and learn a new skill – not to mention impress your friends!
Take a look at some of our ideas below – and see what ideas you can come up with!
If you need prizes for your fundraising event, why not ask local businesses. Many are happy to donate – but would appreciate a mention in your publicity.
If you do intend to do some fundraising for us, please let us know about it by completing the short form below. We can also add your event to our online calendar so lots of people can see it and come to your event (if applicable) and we may be able to provide you with things to help – such as table banners, leaflets, tombola drum, marquee etc etc – please ask for details on the form below.
If you are doing a ‘sponsored something’ then download a sponsor form and help feed the cats in our care
Fancy doing a sponsored event to raise funds? Go on, you know you do!Sponsor form
If you intend to undertake an independent fundraising event in aid of Yorkshire Cat Rescue, we ask you to register the event with us. This doesn’t oblige you to go ahead with it if you change your mind. It is simply so that if someone asks us if it is legitimate, we can confirm this.
Complete this form to let us know about your event:
Alternatively, register your event with Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving. You do not need to register on the above form if you are raising funds online with Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving, but you are welcome to ask us to lend you equipment etc.
Guidelines for fundraising for Yorkshire Cat RescueDownload Guidelines
Need some inspiration??
Take a look below to see some ideas of what you could do
Toddling fun – things you can do with young children:
- Why not do a sponsored toddle?
- You could bake cakes and sell them to your neighbours & friends?
- Have a baby clothes sale and sell baby clothes that are too small and make more space and help us at the same time
- Could you and your tot have a sponsored sing-a-long?
Animal Antics – get your four legged friends involved:
- Have a sponsored dog walk?
- You could organise a pet photo competition, and help other cats find their forever homes
Group activities – great for where there are lots of people together:
- You could have a pie & peas supper or beetle-drive
- Or have a dance night, quiz night or even a talent show
- You could even have a bingo evening
Short & sharp – quick ideas to make a few pounds towards our funds:
- You and your friends could have a clothes party – sell your unwanted clothes to your friends and buy theirs – a new wardrobe and all the funds help our charity
- You could also enjoy a jewellery party
- If you find your work frustrating, you could put a swear box on your desk at work or home and raise funds with your expletives.
Fun in the sun – Summer events:
- How about holding a garden party or barbecue with lots of games & competitions
- Or doing a sponsored walk or climb
- If you live near a river you could have a duck race
- Or get the community involved and run a football or rounders tournament for children & families
In the neighbourhood – be proactive in your neighbourhood:
- You could hold a door to door collection*
- Or hold a street collection*
- You could easily hold a garage, plant or garden sale
*you will need a license for these events – please ask for details
Things that you can do with friends & family:
- You could hold all kinds of sponsored events – great fun for all ages – a silence, walk or swim for example
- Or a treasure hunt – hide clues around your village, garden or place of work and offer a prize to winners & runners up
- You could hold a themed party – with lots of competitions and participation events
- have a speed-dating event
Big-scale productions – lots of planning and people needed here but usually high earners:
- Try holding a golf tournament
- Or organise a charity ball
- How about you hold a virtual race night – hire a hall & sell tickets to lots of participants
- You could run a fayre or fete at your local school, church or sports-hall
- Or organise a talent show or karaoke evening
Extend your reach by setting up an online page for sponsorship and contributions with Virgin Money Giving or our Just Giving page.
We would be unable to do the work that we do without the help of our supporters. We are extremely grateful the fundraising you do for Yorkshire Cat Rescue